i am very nervous about being feminine very shy i’m a tall guy yet i act feminine and speak softly many people have told me of this nature in private i have always cross-dressed secretly ’cause i’m shy to wear a skirt in public i really feel i lack the courage to go out dressed as a woman my girlfriend is very positive i’ll be just fine and she is very serious i wanna start expressing my femininty should i begin slowly……….. i do not wish to begin very lavishly dressed i wanna dress kinda casually…..at first not much make-up just jeans and a nice top……… curl my hair i’d love to wear nylons on my first day dressed too……… my question is i need to know is a good way to open up thank you
- ‘Anne’ is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- ‘Anne’ bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by ‘Anne’ to people submitting questions.
- ‘Anne’, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. ‘Anne’ and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.
Some things are like pools with diving boards. You just have to jump into them from a height. There isn’t really a good way to explain your desire to cross dress to most people, I don’t think. You’ll just have to appear in front of them dressed the way you wish and they’ll either understand or not. I would encourage you to think carefully about where you would appear in female attire before making your debut, however. It may not be appropriate for you to dress this way at work. Good luck to you!