1-888-993-3112

What Is Going On?

Question:

II don’t act out in weird ways or forget what happened to half of my day, but I still feel like something is definitely wrong. I have these other aspects of myself, I don’t know if I would go so far as to say they’re different personalities because they’re still a part of myself and never take control on their own and some of their mannerisms come up while I’m still completely myself. I don’t know how many there are they come up stay for awhile and leave and sometimes they come back. A new one just came, I’d consider him to be a him and older and not very nice. I started out just thinking about this aspect and I woke up this morning and it’s a lot more real. I could even see my hands moving opening a door but I wasn’t completely in control, it felt like I was in the back of my mind but still in control. I know so much about these others that it just feels like they’re part of myself and I talk to them but its between my thoughts so I think I just might be imagining the others all together and just creating them in my own imagination, but I feel like I’m fighting them and why would I put myself through this if I didn’t have to. No one else knows about this because I still act like myself. I can keep everything quiet and normal usually, I choose to let them talk when I’m alone. It feels like I’m creating characters, but then they won’t leave.

Answer:

I cannot know in any certain way what is happening to you but I can assure you that you need to get yourself some help. I would urge you to find a good Clinical Psychologist or really good and experienced Licensed Clinical Social Worker with a lot of experience and an excellent reputation, or a Psychiatrist.

There are many possibilities about what could be happening to you. For example, if your childhood was filled with a lot of trauma such as ongoing physical, or emotional abuse or if you lived through some type of awful happening, such as an earthquake, etc., you could be experiencing a Dissociative type of disorder. That could account for these other personalites you mention.

On the other hand, if you abuse a lot of drugs, such as acid, etc., you could be having Hallucinations caused by the drug.

A third possibility is that you are beginning to experience a Psychotic illness.

The point is that there is no way I can do a diagnosis except to assure you that you are right to ask "what is going on," and that you must get yourself help.