1-888-993-3112

What Should I Do?

Question:

Hi:

I’ve been seeing a married man for two years now. The first year we went to lunch every day and enjoyed each other’s company. I fell in love with him within months and told him apologetically. He kept saying he was sorry but he’d been married 27 years and loved his wife. We did not touch each other for a year and continued to lunch. I was married 24 years and decided to divorce my husband due to the strong feelings that I had for my friend. We are still seeing each other and have gotten very physical. He says his wife never gives him sex and she does not work on her looks either. She does however own a company and makes all of their money which is tied up in a ranch, house, cattle, etc… What should I do? I feel that I am ruining his life due to my inappropriate behavior. We are definitely in love with one another and don’t know what to do.

Answer:

There was a time when society was governed by certain unwritten rules of behavior with regard to marriage and extra marital affairs. One of the factors that governs life today is that many of the old certainties are replaced with uncertaintly, leaving people unsure as to what they Should do. In point of fact, it is equally difficult for people to decide what they want to do.

There is no easy answer for you and your friend. For one thing, life always invovles choices. Choice, by its very nature, demands that, in opting for one thing, other things are given up forever. Therefore, your friend must make a choice between the ranch and money his wife owns and the type of life you and he, together, can offer one another.

It appears that you have already made your choice in leaving your marriage in the hope that you and your friend can transition into a permanent relationship. Of course, you did that with no guarantee that he will do the same. It is entirely possible that, in the end, you will have neither your marriage nor your friend.

I believe that you know what you want to do and have already done a lot in divorcing your husband.

However, this does not mean that your friend knows what he wants to do. That puts you in a very difficult situation. You would not be the first person who made their choices only to discover that their lover cannot or does not want to follow along.

The two of you need to keep taling to one another but you must be very patient with him.

No way is that guy going to leave all that $$$. Not when he can have his sex and money too. lol