1-888-993-3112

Will I Ever?

Question:

I have been suicidal for a 1 yr now and it is taking a big part in life. I have a wonderful friend that cares but the main question is will I ever get better?

Answer:

I have spent the past thirty years working with people who experience deep depression and I can report to you that you have every reason to hope that you will recover.

I am assuming that you are receiving treatment from a psychiatrist who is prescribing the necessary medications. In addition, it is my hope that you are receiving psychotherapy for you depression, especially Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.

I understand that you have been feeling bad for a full year now and it sometimes takes time for the Doctors to find the correct medications and at the correct doses. I want to urge you to speak to your psychiatrist and always inform him when you are not feeling well. Also, always let him/her know when you are having suicidal thoughts.

I fully understand how difficult this is for you because depression feels so awful. I also know and have seen how with hope and with treatment people recover from depression.

Remember, tomorrow is another day and where there is life there is always hope.