1-888-993-3112

Orgasm Without Sex?!

Question:

Can women come frequently without masturbating or having sex at that particular time?

Answer:

Most women need some sort of direct clitoral stimulation. And although I’ve read that it is possible for women to achieve orgasm simply through a kiss or touch, it is very, very uncommon. These women are what I refer to as urban legends. There are ways of speeding up the time it takes to have an orgasm, however. Many women find that a particularly arousing bout of sexy foreplay can make them orgasm very quickly during intercourse. Trying a variety of positions can stimulate different parts of the vagina. It’s just a matter of finding the one that is right for you. Hope that helps, – Anne

I definitely consider myself to be part of the "very, very uncommon" category.

I am 26, of Eastern European heritage - but American for generations, and look "normal" in all ways. ) I do not have an enlarged clitoris [research has shown that this may be tied into additional testosterone, hence differences in sexual drive], and have no other signs that I am hormonally imbalanced in any way. I consider myself to be a very normal woman.

I am able to have orgasms without any clitoral stimulation. In fact, I am able to have orgasms with stimulation limited to thought alone. Obviously, vaginal contractions combined with thought is needed, but no other stimulation beyond what I control within my own body is necessary.

In addition, during sex, I have orgasms within just a few minutes. Internal vaginal orgasms are preferable, in my opinion, to all others.

I think that everyone can tap into this, and all it takes is really paying attention to feelings inside your body and knowing how to exaggerate them with your own fantasy/concentration.

I think it is important to embrace female sexuality. I think we all have it and are just afraid to enjoy it. Pay attention to your body and what it has to offer.

Ya know what...I consider myself to be one of these women too! I found this article because I couldn't believe that I was able to have an orgasm with just thought. We should consider ourselves lucky. I too believe that this is something that all women can tap into. You just have to be open and understand your body. It all started when I got pregnant and my hormones changed. I was much more sensitive than ever before. I think its awesome! Cheers!!!

I'm 18. My friends and I were girl talking and one brought up a statistic that 2% of females can orgasm without sex. I myself knew it was true becasue I can. But I was suprised when they all declared it false.

When I do orgasm this way its not a huge, head banging, revelation experience. Its relativly small, but noticable (to me) and clearly an orgasm.

Masturbation is still much more satisfying and although I have never had vaginal sex, I assume it would be much more intense.

I can't always do it this way. Usually for about a week before my period, durning or right before the time PMS sets in, my inward emotions intensify although I have very mild PMS (if less than most people). And to put it bluntly, I'm pretty horny. Around this time, if I think of something exotic or sexy I can bring myself to an orgasm. Its not spontanious or huge, but it is enjoyable when I let my fantasies run wild.

I had no idea it was so rare. Is it like this for the rest of you?

I know this sounds odd but i have managed to have orgasms without having sex.... This is very weird for me specialy since i am technically a virgin and have only been with women but have not tooken it very far... What is even more odd is that i experienced this orgasm while thining of a man. Well in conclusion women can have orgasm without having sex.

wow I feel so much better knowing that there are women who experience the same thing as me. I found this article because I almost thought that maybe I was experiencing something different than an orgasm because I didn't think it was possible without sex. This is something I've been able to do for years and while it's not incredibly intense its something that does give you pleasure and every woman should be able to enjoy it

I've been dating a guy and we have this big sexual attraction between us. I just turned 27 and I am still a virgin. Recently my yearning for vaginal stimulation has seriously increased. The other day I experienced something that I wasn't sure until now what it was. An orgasm. The only thing he did was lick and kiss on my neck in one spot. The feeling was so intense! I don't know if it was because I was on my period, or because I just started taking birth control or because I was seriously into it or because all of the above elements. But I'm glad I am in the few percentile that get to experience this feeling without intercourse.

• an urban legend

all i do is (when im in the shower) is take the shower head and aim it in that area, I hold it there for a good 5 minutes and tada! An orgasm! Also (if you dont have a removable showerhead) you can use the tub faucet too! You turn it on and so your back it touching the wall of your tub aim your vigina at the running water! If you have ribon or (even better) smoothe beaded necklace, take it by both ends, one behind your back the other in frot, and pull it back in forth (it would be between your legs agains your clitoris) HOPE THAT HELPS!

Editor's Note: You are describing forms of masturbation, which is sex of a sort. The original question was regarding orgasms that occurred when no stimulation was intended.

I have been having orgasms since first grade! Not by touching either!

Weirdly, I pull myself up(like a pull up or a ab crunch at the gym) and after a couple of times, I climax.

Anyone else?

I thought for a long time that I was weird and that maybe it was all in my mind, but I'm glad to know that others out there experience the same thing. One of the ladies in her comment stated that about a week or so before her period she is able to achieve orgasm without sexual contact - I am the same way. What happens to me is that my bladder will get full and just by the force of my bladder pressing against my vagina and G-spot I can literally achieve orgasm. I mean I will have vaginal contractions, the sex-flush from my chest up through my face and other things as well. Hey, I'm not complaining...I love it! It's amazing. I feel lucky as well, since only a small precentage of women can do this? I can also achieve a "small" orgasm just by intense sexual thoughts. But it's good to know I'm not crazy or just imagining things :-)

• jan

I have had several orgasms ever since I was a first grader, and never knew what it was really till I was a teenager. I have never had an orgasm during sex. I can go for years without sex and do not mind, and have being without it now for three years. I do not mind really, because I still enjoy these orgasm without sex. I do however miss human contact sometimes but when I do have it, I am disappointed because I expect that maybe one of the guys will make me feel the joy of sex.

So it is possible, alone without doing anything, without even thinking of sex multiple orgasms occur. I could be standing in a bank queue, watching cartoons, cooking and "bam" I am having an orgasm and this can be very inconvienient and embrassing most times

• relived

well im 19 and i have been cumming a lot lately with out sex or even masturbting all i do is thin of this one guy i am hed over heals for and it happens and its strange cos its never happened before but its like wow

Im 20 years old. I'm not sure if this counts but sometimes when my bladder gets full and stays full over night when i wake in the morning and i urinate i orgasm and squirt at the same time. I feel better now that i know there are other women like me.

• me too

heyyy, ur right, when my bladder is full i put a pillow between my legs and feel like an orgasm coming up and get one too !!!! why??

When I was a little girl, I used to get in trouble with my mom for sitting in the car and squeezing my legs together. I, of course, didn't know what it was that I was doing, just that it felt good. I've never stopped masturbating in that fashion since - and yes, I know this isn't about masturbation it's about orgasms without any kind of outside stimulation, but I don't know that I consider using your own muscles stimulation. Either way, I think I trained myself so well over the years (I'm now almost 25) that I have very strong vaginal muscles. All it takes is thinking about something arousing or breathing in a certain way and I can orgasm in under two minutes.

• Hazel

I have had orgasm as far as I can remember as a young girl without any physical conduct of a human being. The only problem is that I can not get an orgasm when I engage in sex, I really want to but I suppose they (the partners) I have had sex with fail to stimulate me to that level. Sometimes it just happens even when I am asleep, I am awoken with my body just tore up with such a huge orgasm and I can have multiple of these beautiful orgasms. What causes this? Is it normal.

• Elaine

I do not have orgasms during sex unless I have direct manual stimulation or oral sex ...I think that's status quo for many women. What started happening to me in my late 30's was that I would have an orgasm when getting my hair shampooed at the salon, or when I get a manicure or pedicure and they do the hand/leg massage. These orgasms come on randomly and rapidly, and I'm not even thinking about sex....honestly. I've tried to think them away because it's embarrassing, but I can't. I am afraid to ever get a massage again because if it happened then, the masseuse would know it because I can feel the shock waves through my whole body. I don't understand why it happens, and it can be really inconvenient. I'd hate for my hairstylist to think I'm a big pervert or something. Anyone else ever have this happen?

Last night, after drinking a few mixed drinks with tequila, I found myself growing tired so I went to lay in bed, and as I began dozing off I noticed my vaginal muscles contracting.. And realized I was having a mild orgasm. Never happened before. I'm 19 and I've never had an internal orgasm (I'm assuming where the 'g-spot' is) during sex or masturbating, but always climax when I masturbate clitorally. I got my period last night and didn't know if maybe that brought on the muscle contractions.. and maybe how relaxed my body was from the Cuervo..?

And even stranger, earlier today I told my best friend about my experience and she totally freaked and said "Oh.. my.. god.. the same thing happened to me last night when I sat down after getting out of the shower!" But it hasn't happened to either of us before.. We're both 19, have our periods the same week every month (because we spend almost every day together and our pheromones are best friends too), and our birthdays are 9 days apart.. I don't know if or how that could relate, but maybe some people's hormones adjust (which causes these epicly unexplainable orgasms to occur) after a certain number of menstruation cycles / egg releases. It would obviously vary for some women depending on what age you were when you began menstruation, affecting the age of which your body's hormone levels would adjust to, once again, induce these muscle contractions that cause orgasms. Just a theory. Please email me if you have friendly criticisms or additional comments =)

I am a 65 yr old woman who had a total hysterectomy at 26[ovaries and uterus]. I am not on any type of hormone therapy. This past Feb I started feeling this weird barely noticable warm feeling in my vulva area going up to my head and feeling very warm all over. Since then I have no tolerance to heat ,which before I was always cold. I went to an Internest and I was told that it is a adrenelin rush. All my blood work is normal. Cannot be a hot flash as I have no ovaries. 2 days ago I realized OMG it feels like I am having an orgasim!!! and I was shopping at the time. This feeling comes on several times a days sometimes and than nothing for days, I get a little scared about this feeling sometimes but it only lasts about 30-40 seconds.

• Coco

For a percentile of only 2% there sure are a lot of us here!

God I thought I was wierd of something lol, its great to know I'm not alone. I'm 21, and though its never happened with previous boyfriends whenever my current boyfriend and I are making out, having a bit of a cuddle, if things get steamed up this happens to me too! Like the others I must point out it's not some screaming, head-banging performance like you see on bad porn vids, its just a very hot, flushy, quivery feeling that takes over you for a second then lets go. My boyfriend doesn't even notice!

Like others I also notice it happens more freq. when either my bladder is full or about a week before my period...when I'm friskiest :D I think we're lucky. How many women DO have sex and STILL complain they can't orgasm? lol

• b garza

i knew i was not alone. i can have multiple orgasms all day long without sexual thoughts or sexual intercourse, in fact i have been at work, standing and talking to someone and having an orgasm without anyone noticing. i can have this feeling again a short time later and go at it again, however this makes my legs weak and tired from flexing my leg muscles to achieve this orgasm. can anyone else do this? is there any research on this that i can read?

• S.M.

not sure if this fits the same description or not, but i did give my girlfriend an orgasm by stimulating her nipples alone, no clitoral or vaginal stimulation whatsoever. i didnt know this was possible until it happened, now i do it regularly just because i find it amusing and she thinks its pleasing.

I've been experiencing multiple orgasms since I was 5 and the only thing I do is to squeeze my legs and use my imagination a little :) So it is true and I guess we are lucky ]

Okay so I am one of those women who don't normally orgasm unless I do it myself or the guy works really hard for it. The other day I (this is definitely tmi but true) I was having serious stomach issues and had to go to the bathroom. I was trying to get to my car quickly not thinking about anything except not doing it in my pants and getting home fast! I orgasmed! It shocked the hell out of me. I didn't really have time to stop and think about it so I jumped in my car and while i was driving had another one! Anyways since then I keep having that pre-orgasm tingling and feel like I might, but its crazy. Im kind of thinking that maybe all that pressure and me clenching those muscles caused it. I didn't think that could really happen either though. Totally unexpected and welcome though under better circumstances.

Okay so this never happened to me in my 20 years of life until this past week. While I was in one of my classes I had an orgasm...I was not touching myself nor aroused in anyway. I think it may have just been a spazm of sorts... I think this can be attributed to the fact that I have great control over my vaginal muscles..but yeah it was really wierd...

ever since i was in 6th grade, i realized i can get an orgasm in less than 3 minutes by squeezing my legs together really tightly, and thinking about something arousing. its sort of a problem now, because i do this multiple times at night until im so tired, i fall asleep. its addicting.

i thought i was a super weird person, ive kept this a secret my whole life. i feel blessed in way, and cursed at the same time. i can get orgasms during school just by squeezing my legs together. i feel like a horny little boy sometimes...

• Men can too.

Men can do this also, I know because I am one. I also am one of the rare men that can have multiple orgasms. Even before puberty. I am over 30 now and happily married. I think its the muscles in my stomach that make this possible. On a side note my appendex was in an unusual place when the doctor removed it, but I dont really think that has much to do with it.

Ok well this sucks. Im 16 and i have several orgasms just when my boyfriend touches me! i hate it- i swear he thinks i get really into him just when where sitting down or out to dinner or something. And sometimes when hes touching me i stand up and i have a hugh wet patch its crazy!. WHATS WRONG WITH ME???? urban legends :(

• Taylor

I've had sex in different positions and I've (had digital and oral sex) also. I've felt aroused and I get wet, but no orgasm. I feel like some spots are the right ones, but after constant rubbing to try to get an orgasm it just gets irrritating and sore. Masturbating doesn't help either. My past boyfriends have tried, my future boyfriend has also, and I have tried. Nothing works. My body is normal. I don't have diseases. I like sex and sexual pleasures, but I will go insane if I never get the pleasure of an orgasm. Is there a disease out there specially for women to not achieve orgasms? Can doctors help or give medicine? I am 17 and I get my periods regularly. I feel like I'm horny all the time and that maybe if I actually orgasmed my horniness rate will decrease. Cause thinking about sex all the time is frustrating when I can't orgasm.

ohkay so im 16 and a virgin. ive thought about having sex but i want it to be special an with someone i really love. but im so fickle with guys that i feel it wont ever happen. but anyways, i think ive had a few orgasms. if i have to pee, i just close my legs and the muscles will start to contract and i dont know if its an orgasm or what, but i love the feeling i get when i do this. it scares me at the same time though.

• Christina

ever sence i can remember, i have been experiencing orgasms without any sexual contact at all. I never knew they were orgasms until this year though. But all I've ever had to do was tense my body until i breathe heavily and come to an orgasm. But now, i dont even have to do that, all i have to do is imagine some sort of sexual situation and BOOM! five minutes later i have an orgasm. I figured this out because a few weeks ago i had been flirting with a guy, who later i ended up texting. Well anyway we actually starting sexting and we went back and forth explaining what we would do to eachother.... and half way through i had an orgasm. Then again a few minutes later. Ever since then all i have to do is imagine me and some guy (most often my current boyfriend) and i have a major orgasm.

None of my friends know of this. But I'm glad to know im not alone! I now consider myself lucky that I am very lucky to be part of this two percent. But I am confused about one thing. I am a virgin, and wondered if because i can have an orgasm so easily on my own, will i be able to have an orgasm during sex?

i was 53 2 days ago sex has been a no go for many years on my husbands part not mine so i masterbate on my own alot i also had a hysteretomy many years ago anyway i had a very erotic dream this morning and woke myself by having one of the best orgasms in a long time and it was hands free as you might say just the dream had done it

• Krithika

Hey,

I am from India. For several years now I have had the capacity to orgasm without any external aid apart from my legs :)

At times i thought that may be this is because of a history of being sexualy abused as a kid, may be that has hurt my vagina in some fashion.

However, now knowing that this happens to many women and some men as well, I would like to say that this has become a compulsive problem. I orgasm often through the day till I am exhausted. I do it when I'm stressed, nervous, tired, upset, thinking too much etc and the need for it is there even when my bladder is full or when i have my periods... It depends really. It may happen with a sexual stimulation like a sexual thought but it can happen even without any sexual stimulation.

Now, the reason i'm finding this a bit hard to live with is because after orgasmic... i am so exhausted that i have to sleep for a looong time.. i get very breathless, feel tired for days, my body begins to hurt, my muscles are constantly tensed... it's affecting my body and health. any suggestions? is there anyone else out there who finds that this is getting to be really destructive?

• Dianne

About 5 months ago, I started to experience orgasms while praying. I was scared at first, thinking I had somehow reached the 'evil' side. Powerful orgasms, one after another. Pleasureable beyond imagination. This led into orgasms if I just thought of Jesus. It still continues. How many in a day? It can be hundreds if I let it. Eating dinner, attending Mass, taking a shower. It doesn't matter. I have learned to control my emotions while this ocurring, as many will think I'm nuts. This is truly a gift from heaven....

• mzbeauty87

Every since I can remember I've always been able to make myself orgasm without any stimulation from another person. Then when I got older and started having sex, I realized that my sexual urges were much stronger than my boyfriends'. My current boyfriend gets frustrated because he can't keep up with my constant urge to have an orgasm. So I always wind up doing it myself. Lately my urges have become so extreme, especially when I'm under stress, nervous about something, anxious, or getting ready to menstrate. One day as I was taking a test for my online class, I started to get that anxious feeling. The test was timed and I only had 3 minutes left to complete 5 multiple choice questions. I thought I wasn't going to beat the time. My adrenaline started to rush. I started shaking and then out of nowhere... Orgasm!!! I never had that happen to me before. I was not even thinking or doing anything sexual. Thank goodness I finished the test in time. Maybe my orgasm was my brains way of telling me to calm down and relax. It was strange but I'm so glad I'm not the only woman who's experienced this before.

• blondiee

me and my boyfriend were in bed watching a film when he started likehumping me and when he started doing it really hard my legs suddenly went numb and i think that was an organs? we wernt having sex or masterbating so yay :D it felt so amazing!

• estelle

wen i m in the office,at my cubicle, i think of sex without flexing my legs, i get constant orgasms, it is so annoying, i realy fail to control my imaginations. i become breathless, my body goes numb n tired. i got gooebumps, look so pale n sleeping, it is so horrible wen it in happens in the office. i cant help it

• Smile

At first I felt ashamed and embarrassed after reading all the comments and the answer to this question. I think I might be an Urban Legend after all.

Only thing I did was think about sex when I sleep.....then I guess what I felt is what would be considered an orgasm. I'm a virgin myself at age 23. I much rather wait until I get married. That's my believe and vow to life.

At first I thought if I concentrate about sex in my dreams, my body starts to tense, then I feel as if my breath is cut off..then have some pressure feeling deep ...in there.... I don't know if that's what an orgasm feels like, but from reading descriptions from these comments...I guess that's what it was. It started probably 2 or 3 years ago... then again I don't remember. I was either close to being 21 or young teen.

I felt as if this is wrong, but then...I later realized that when I do get married I will know what making love feels like. So I considered this to being preparation for a virgin like me. The more I know, the more ready I will be.

Just a few moments ago i experienced it, it was a scary i couldn't fight it it wouldn't go away, it would come back even more determined. That was my first experienced actually. I dont get it, nothing prompted it i was just on my bed on skype then it happened i thought i was having a stroke or something when the tingling sensation started.

After that I googled it and felt relieved I wasn't alone, I thought I was crazy or something, I'm 15 and experiences like these freak me out. Does this mean we're special then? I wouldn't like it if this happens to me in class ever, it's not like how the others described it. It was a full blown, gasping for air orgasm!

In the last couple of years, I have noticed that i can be at my desk at work or on the train or at home on the computer and all of a sudden, I'll get that throbbing feeling and it almost paralyzes me because it feels amazing and I want to experience it, but I get the bedroom eyes and cannot think straight or sometimes talk. I don't get out of breath, because I've learned to contain it, but I do feel it go from beginning to end and afterwards, i'm completely relaxed and kinda tired. To intensify it, I just need to do kegel exercises. It has not overtaken my life and it's something I can definitely live with, but I wonder what makes it happen and why the hell is it still called an urban legend if so many people can do it. "ANNE" perhaps you should rethink your label on women like us.

Without sex, without sex toys, without masturbation, I have oirgasms in the middle of the night--let's say once every few months. Is this normal for an 80-year-old widow?

This may sound strange, but I am only 13 and I can make myself orgasm just by focusing on a certain thought. I am a virgin. I thought I was a freak and that I was alone in this, but after reading all of these comments I feel a bit better. The only thing is I feel like I'm too young to be experiencing this...I feel wrong sometimes. And from what I've researched I'm pretty sure what I'm feeling are orgasms. I get a building up of tingly feelings in my clitoris and then a reallllly big tingly feeling and then my pelvis starts moving up and down and stuff and sometimes I moan when it happens...because it feels good. It helps me to focus actually. Once in class I was working on a paper and I just couldn't focus and no ideas were coming to my head so I made myself have an orgasm (quietly and incospicuously) and I was able to focus so much better and get good topics for my paper. It sounds weird but i don't know where I would be without my orgasms...they help me in times of stress, embarrasment, and just plain boredom sometimes. Other emotions as well. Glad I got that off my chest, because there is no way I can tell anyone about this , especially my mother.

• Erika Szabo

I am a 37 y old woman. At the age of 14 I learnt diligently at school, so I was tired all the time. One day at the weekend my best friend came over with a book in her hand. It was about yoga exercises. She told me, that she found a good exercise to my tiredness and pointed at a picture in the book. I did not see any special in it, a man lay on his back on the floor and that is it. But Bea started to explain me over-excitedly, that she had already tried it and how fantastic it was after a while. I did not want to cool her down, so I decided to try it as well. I lay down on the carpet, fortunately it was fluffy. Bea explained me how to take deep breath and how to relax my muscles. After that I had to lie without any movement at all for about 40 minutes, as I was told. Bea left the room, and I was alone with my thoughts. First I thought it was a crazy thing to just lie because I did it every night as well. But after a while I was calmer, and it felt pretty good. My breathing was slower and the stillness is getting deeper and deeper around me. I liked it. But as I concentrated to it a strange feeling come up around my navel. It was a warm, calmative feeling as if someone caressed my belly. The warmth extended and later spread over my lower belly, but did not stop there. After a couple of seconds I felt it rushed into my vagina and at the same time up to my head. I felt a powerful buzzing sensation all over my body. That time I did not know what was it exactly. I scared, but at the same time I felt that unbelievable pleasure. So I was unable to stand up and break it. I lay there for minutes, in this (now I know) constant orgasm which pulsated in every single part of my body. I did not know how long it would last I just sink deep into the never-ending orgasmic pleasure. On the other hand I was totally relaxed, none of my muscles moved at all. After a while I felt someone’s fingers on my arm, Bea was with a grin on her face. She had already known what was going on deep in my body. On that day almost everything caused me spontaneous orgasms, a touch, a delicious taste, a fragrant smell and so on. Later it was getting less frequent. I felt it funny but sometimes awkward as well. Anyway, I had to learn to handle it especially at school.

Nowadays I get 3-4 spontaneous orgasms a day, it depends on the number of happiness caused by situations or things I run into on that day. So fortunately I can live with them, and they cause me rather happy than sad moments

• KP

Hi Ladies.......... I have been able to have a orgasma by holding my urine ever since the age 13. I am currently 34 years old, and as wonderful as it feels. Its not good to do to often. So if your one of the lucky ones who can do it, dont do it to much. Every women cant do it, ladies i know you all would love to experience it (sorry). I on the other hand pretty much went crazy when i realized i could do it (couldnt get enough of the feeling..lol). But i had to have my gallbladder removed because of it. So FYI ladies....If you do it to much, you will in up with a sick gallbladder. But since my surgery i continued to do it (lol), and since my gallbladder is gone i have no probelms.

• lilac

i'm 25, normal with no diseases and i have been having orgasms in my sleep ever since i was 11 until 4 years ago. i never knew it was actually an orgasm until i experienced it with my husband. (i have had sexual relations in the past but i never had a single orgasm with them)

i would get them only during deep sleep, mostly before i wake up in the morning. i would sometimes have an erotic dream and then something in my muscles get "clicked" or "switched on" and i get mind-blowing sensation in my navel. i could extend that feeling and it can go on for a while. the last time i had it was almost four years ago. i would also have orgasm months at a time. i never knew what it was, and i usually forget about them after i wake up.

i stopped having them after i met my husband who gave me my first orgasm with another person. it was the second time we had sex.

the ones i had before are mild compared to the ones i get with my husband. i don't get them anymore in my sleep but i would welcome it anytime :D

wow that's so hot.. i wish i could do that.. :(

I'm 14 and I always thought I was the only person in this world which can do this, but sometimes I sit in my chair and I feel a pulsing in my vagina and I get a little turned on and then I slowly lift my pelvic area upwards without moving my body and I tense my muscles or something and then I get this orgasmic feeling. I really don't know what it is, but it makes me feel amazing.

I just wanted to thank all the women (and men) who posted stories and comments. I'm not so alone.

So I feel like I am very abnormal. I have this weird thing about hearing burps. It started in 3rd grade when the boy I liked would always burp. Looking back, I do remember having nice feeling "down there" from hearing it. I have gotten a similar feeling all my life if I wake up in the middle of the night really needing to pee it is like a pulsing of sorts.

I have learned about a year ago that I get a similar feeling when I listen to YouTube videos of people belching. I know, that sounds super gross... but I discovered just a few weeks ago (at age 19) that if I get in the right frame of mind when I listen, I can get the most strongest orgasm I have ever felt before. It is amazing. I never ever got that sort of sensation when I was with my first boyfriend last summer (though we never did have intercourse).

I know it sounds totally disgusting, listening to belches and all, but it is fantastic to know that I have a way to cause such an amazing feeling. I feel sort of ashamed, but I appreciate reading on here that other women have other means of making pleasure for themselves.

• blythe

lately since mj died i was watching his videos and at first i was in grief but this year i went to a website that had fanfiction on it and i read it and started getting turned on, ever since then whenever i see him dancing i eventually have a orgasm without physical stimulation. i am a fifty two yr old woman who prior to this was basically frigid because i had a hysterectomy and going thru menopause. now im always aroused like when i was a teen and so i go to youtube and watch him so it will happen , its like a drug and im wondering if i may have a vaginal problem. because it was never this easy before.

• Abbiee

you ladies are sooo lucky, how the hell do you do that :D , omg i am very jealous .. you will have to teach me.. jokes :(

i cant orgasum, no matter what, im only young, put it this way a teen, im a virgin never had sex, but i cannot orgasum without having sex, i really want to, i get a little turned on but i never seem to orgasum can someone please help??

I don't know why, but for the longest time now, I've wanted an orgasm. So strange???... Tips? I have no one to have sex with, but FanFiction does provide some sexy mood starters! (If ya know what I mean. D)

• orgasmingwendy

its no urban legend for me. I get a sensation down there and it starts. I keep it going by squeezing my thighs together. Sometimes it worse than other times. Like yesterday, I was in the library and it was really strong like I had to curl my toes and remember to breathe. It was distracting me from my homework!

• Eve

I was molested when i was young and so never thought or even tried to have sex, not to mention an orgasm

then in my teens, while waiting for a train when I had to pee- I tried to hold it by squeezing my thighs together and almost passed out by the fireworks......

then in my 20s, I noticed that I could reach orgasm through reading erotica or while watching a movie that unexpectedly aroused me- Top Gun during the volleyball scene almost made me scream

I finally found a lover but was still hesitant to engage in actual sexual activity but I discovered that I could orgasm from just his kiss or his touch on the small of my back or the sound of his voice.....

It wasn't great. we broke up cause he thought I was faking at 1st and then when he realised that it was for real- he seemed angry and jealous because I was "getting off" but he couldn't come unless we went all the way overall, I didn't like for him to touch me because it made me feel greedy or selfish and he didn't enjoy my response at all

I always thought that maybe my body & mind got rewired because the molestation made me not like or want stimulation from the traditional way

I don't know.

I'm 40yrs old and I've been celibate most of my life BUT I still have orgasms from time-to-time

I call it The Sensual Celibacy

The best accidental orgasm was at a seafood restaurant!!!! When that lobster steam hit my face and the hot dripping garlic butterhit my tongue, well........you know!

LOL

the waiter got a BIG TIP!

Peace

• SUMMER

FOR SOME REASON I AM ABLE TO ORGASIM AT JUST THE THOUGHT FOR INSTANCE TODAY WHILE AT WORK I KEPT THINKING ABOUT THE GREAT SEX ME AND MY BF HAD THIS WEEKEND AND IT CAME DOWN ALL OVER MY LEGS AND UNDERWEAR SOMETIMES ITS ANNOYING BECAUSE IF I DONT HAVE A SPARE PAIR I HAVE TO BE WET ALL DAY "-)

• The guy who discovered the girl

I looked this up cause i suspect my gf - whom i have not had sex with - orgasms when i kiss her, she quietly moans during kissing or touching the small of her back or kissing her neck or ear. Also i get the vibe she's feeling something pretty special, that im not haha. we're both virgins and i think if this is what she is experiencing.. yay for me! But more yay for her i guess, lol..

We both want to wait until were married b4 sex and i think she feels that she's cheating when this happens to her, but i cant kiss her properly w/out this happening :S . It makes waiting that much harder when one she really wants it and two i really want to give it to her. Might bother her a bit.. But dam it is hard not to take advantage of the fact that i can do this to her..

• Ciny

I just don't what has happened to me, for the last month I been having vaginal orgasms with great intensity, it takes my breath away, because is a heavenly feeling. I have not had sex in 3 years, could it be related to the lack of sex. The big problem about the orgasms is that it comes any time, especially if I am having a professional meeting. I just don't know what to do. I blush and can't express the sensation that I am experiencing. I do not masturbate, I guess I don't need now. Are there ways to control oh diminish the orgasms . I guess I have to talk to my mind to have it early in morning or before I go to sleep. As I am typing, I am having one now. To tell you the truth it leaves me very tired , it feels like I had sex all day long. i am thinking since I haven't had intercourse for so long, should I start having sex now to sooth my need. I don't have a boyfriend, I guess I will have to look for one. I never write about this personal subject to anybody, but know is a different story I am getting to the point of desperation. Please do not suggest any sexual toys, because I do not like them, plus if you don't take care of of them, you may end up having an infection. To tell you the truth I like the real thing.Please tell me what I should do.

Cindy

• Nelly

Its weird the way you guys are enjoying yourselves. most of us would only desire that feeling. haha.

• Hornydevil

Woo! I am one of the urban legends haha

I also can orgasm without any stimulation (though I do prefer orgasms WITH stimulation than without )

I am an 18 year old girl. It is very weird. Most of my friends have never had one before. And the ones that claim they have I think they are mistaking pleasurable feelings with an orgasm from what they have told me.

I have always thought because of this that alot of women can not orgasm and alot of them LIE or overexaggerate or mistake pleasurable feelings for an orgasm. So I am suprised to find so many like myself here.

My boyfriends Ive had never believe me when I tell them this but I remember having my earliest orgasm at about 4 or 5. Yes. Its true! lol I also used to fantasize about men at this age, which I do feel is a little weird for such a young age, but I always just assume I am a really sexual person and I am and always have been proud of it :) Of course, when I was this age, I had no clue what it was, I just remember experiencing it, thinking that it was something wrong. I remember feeling the explosion of pleasure and feeling a little confused by it, and then remembering that the feeling of pleasure went away afterwards, and then I would feel wrong about it after, like I shouldnt have done it.

It is strange as I wasnt exposed to any pornography or anything featuring sexual images when I was this age. Except Madonna. I was obsessed with Madonna since I was reaaally little and I used to watch all her videos and try and copy her. I believe that we are all suffering with a hormone imbalance. I have read that increased sex drive usually has somthing to do high levels of testosterone (the male hormone). I have the symptoms of high testerone levels and I have read that you should see a doctor if you think you have it, but I never have because I dont want to lose my incredible sex drive! I love it!

I have AMAZING orgasms, I always think that it could be impossible for them to be any stronger, they really take me to another level. So maybe there are more than 2%, who knows how they come up with that figure anyway lol

all I know is I'm proud to be able to enjoy myself so easily! :P

I've masturbated since 10, after realizing stimulation to that little "spot" down there (I didn't know it was a clitoris at the time), made me feel good, and if I added pressure for a few more minutes, I would have an explosive experience that would make me sleep or wake up. Now that I'm 31, I have just recently learned that during my highest peak of ovulation, I can orgasm with the mere thought of a sexual experience (or fantasy :) There are even times that I the desire stops me in my tracks and I have to "relieve" myself. Some times I feel like a perv or nympho, but I love the feeling of an orgasm.

• Trinity

I can have orgasms with just thinking about sex. I don't even need to touch anything. I am telling the 100% truth.

• The wiggle worm

wow! I do not know if this counts. But ever since I was 7 (In Kindergarten) and now I am 19, I can sit in a chair and tighten my legs and do a kindle. Just this feeling makes me go CRAZY. But I do wiggle a little to get a bit more pleasure. What gets me is that I can sit in a chair and get this throbbing feeling and in an instant my body does everything for me without me even thinking about sex, I will be checking my e-mail or writing a paper for school. It’s like my body want an orgasm (I can do this about 5 times right after another) before I get faint. But sometimes it will only take me about 3 min and I will already have an orgasm, the more I do it, the more time it takes. I feel so embressed because I cannot help it. I even do it in class!! I just don't know how to stop it.

• margie

wow i thought this only happened to me but wow it feels great when it happens. all i have to do is tighten my leg mussels a little. then i get this pressure down there and my leg stats tingaling and it gets even stronger it i think obout it.

even though i do not not have sex and do not have the feeling to have sex just that plaesure i enough wow i am havng one right now they happen alot right before i get my u know what they r the strongest then they make me feel amazing

the firs time i hade onr i though that something was wrong but after that i felt amazing. the best time to make them happen is when i am stressed out. oh ya did i tell you i can make them happen wow if they r this strong now i can not wate till sex.

after reading all of your guzses comments i am glad that i am mot the only one not going through even though they feel AMAZING

• Alice

Strange thing happened to me few days ago. I was high at the moment, and at some point I was thinking about having sex, but it just crossed my mind, with a girl (consider that I'm gay).. I started to laugh extremly loud and kinda weird, until I started to breathe very strong..I just kept thinking of the most pleasurable feeling during sex, and there it was...an orgasm.! I sounded like some crazy bitch. I couldn't stop myself even that I wasn't alone, I was with my friend. you can imagine how strange I seemed to her. after a while i calmed myself down and relaxed.. it was long for about 4 mins. I still can't believe that marihuana made me experience an orgasm while I just had a small thought about having sex...

can anyone schizophrenic feel intercourse without doing that???

• momof5

since I was like 7 I would notice that for absolutely no particular reason if I were laying on my stomach I could have an orgasm. Sometimes after I pee if I cross my ankles I can have an orgasm. I have sleep orgasms too. But I've had so many orgasms just lying on my stomach. I can be in a conversation with someone and will have to lower my head so my facial expressions don't give it away. Im now almost 30 and this still happens all the time.

• wes

I am 44 now and single 3 yrs. Never had orgasms in my sleep or multiple ones until the last few monthes and having both now. Not every night but weekly. Seems to b odd for a man so I wonder if other men are having this and at my age. Maybe its lack of sex being single and not really being stimulated to masturbate much.

I have never been able to have an orgasm while having sex with a man. I enjoy the sex but it is really difficult for me to climax even when I'm alone. The only time I can climax is when alone on my stomach with my bladder full and pushing with my hand against my stomach and genital areas.

I am married and want to enjoy the sex with my husband. I don't know what to do. If anyone has an idea, please post here. Thanks.

• Kadesh

I have mental orgasms all the time. Just started looking it up because this just happened.... I went for 11 days without "getting off" and took a nap just a bit ago. I wasn't even dreaming about sex... but my body started to have orgasms. 3 of them. I felt a 4th coming on when I forced myself to wake up because it was uncomfortable. My uterus actually feels sore and sensitive right now and keeps contracting. It's the craziest thing. I didn't have to even think about sex.

• jodravek at gmail

The main problem is that people as well as doctors are unable to separate orgasm from sex. This blindness is much deeper when we are talking about men. They think that men are robots with a ‘button’ between their legs, called penis, and if you ‘press’ this (sometimes long) ‘button’ in a right way they ejaculate and automatically have an orgasm, if there is not any failure in them.

But orgasm in itself without ejaculation or without any sexual stimulation or sexual thoughts does not exist in their mind and will not in the near future, as I see.

To accept the fact that many different nonsexual-at-all states can cause very very deep, intense and long-lasting orgasms, you have to see further than the nowadays widely accepted ‘genital-stimulation > turned-on-state > orgasm’ model.

Orgasm is nothing more than a state in which an increased current is flowing through our body like in an electric circuit. The only thing that separates us from orgasm is tension. So if you or any of your circumstances can lower your tension at a point where this current can rise and flow unhindered, you will feel the real power of orgasm, and not just for a couple of second like during a normal sexual intercourse.

This state can be reached by different ways, for example by yoga exercise as described it very interestingly by Erika Szabo, earlier in this thread. But you can reach it by meditation or just by climbing rocks. Anything works which leads you a very relaxed state, either it is a physical or a mental exercise.

Sometimes we reach this state unwillingly. If we get a happy news or a news in which we recognize that an earlier bad news is not true or simply we have done a big project or anything which can cause a deep relaxed state. A couple of years ago one of my acquaintance had a very serious toothache all night, you can imagine. Around 2 o’clock at night he heard a loud crack from his tooth. It broke in two, the pain disappeared at once and the very same time he had an intense whole body orgasm which lasted for about 3-4 minutes (without ejaculation!).

All of the above mentioned situations can lower our inner tension at a level where an orgasm will spread over our whole body, without any sexual feelings or thoughts at all.

If you do not believe me, please visit youtube and search for the following: ‘turned onby an amusement park’ and watch it carefully.

• surprised

While sitting in my 6th grade class (age 10-11) I sneezed and had my first orgasm. I nearly passed out from the shock and trying to muffle my gasps. Now, I have them all the time while sleeping, usually on my stomach. This part is particularly weird - I also have them more frequently during sleep if I have a little bit of heartburn.

Very strange -- I will be 65 in two weeks and have been having orgasms the past two Sunday mornings. I have always had a healthy sex life which has been a little less often the past few years because my husband can't maintain an erection like he did when he was younger. We have used Cialis and Levitra occassionally but have learned to live without having as much sex as we would both like. Last week the orgasms lasted about l/2 hour. They woke me up in the morning and after about l/2 hour I had to get ready for church so I think they subsided due to my routine of getting ready. Now exactly 1 week later I was wakened again with them and they have been lasting for over 3 hours. I can't seem to go back to sleep and they are very pleasurable but very confusing. I have never had an orgasm before without stimulation. I had a complete hysterectomy over 15 years ago and am in excellent health. This is very baffling and would like to find out if it is at at all common.

• Goddess

As long as I can remember, I have had the ability to feel intense pleasure while holding my pee EVERYTIME I need to urinate. I know people say it can cause UTI and other things but I have not had any problems. I will be honest and admit it is inconvenient at times but it just feels too good. The feeling to pee starts and soon after the feeling of arousal. I feel my whole body tense up and my skin becomes super super sensitive to touch!!! I have noticed that even if i run my finger over my arm, it will feel amazing!!! I feel like screaming (of pleasure....when alone, i do) and my eyes become super watery! I cry more when I have this feeling than when I normally cry.... I never get the urge to touch myself. All I have to do to keep it going is to flex the muscles in that area. I love/hate this feeling and are just relieved I am not alone! I have never really shared this with anyone because I have felt so ashamed and weird!

hi im 13 and i have a boyfriend we have kissed a few times and every singe time it was special. i cant help wen he touches me just getting a feeling. know he can tell i do because he tenses up when we kiss. i want to know how to get a stronger feeling

• nana

i thought i was alone...i hold my breath & can sit on the edge of any seat and cross my legs and move up and down and it gives me this weird feeling that feels so good in my private im 18 years old i thought something was wrong with me ive been doing this sints i was like 7. its weird to me i wish i didnt do it but like everybody else has said i only want to do it when i hold my pee. ill sit on the chair and do it. its very weird and i try not to get caught doing it because id be embarressed because i look weird. why do i do this?? but it makes me feel like im having sex,i shouldnt of been doing that at the age 7 tho?? is this normal??

For the past two days I have felt pre-orgasmic all day long ! I have never had this before. I have wet orgasms with my husband, But this feeling is intense and lasting without sex. It reminds me of the intense feelings just before I climax, but Im not climaxing !!! It has come to the point that it is distracting to work. Help !!

wow interesting!

I thought I was alone too..
    I can do it where I hold my bladder muscles and reach and intense orgasm feeling, sometimes much stronger than sex orgasm. I also started at a young age, don't understand how we could start so young. I've seen odd comments not to do it 2 much as it can cause probelms to the bladder, but I know how addictive it is!

Okay, so I'm a junior in high school and i've always had anxiety problems. Not to toot my own horn, but I consider myself a pretty intelligent person, but taking tests has always brought on an overwhelming sense of anxiety. This year I was taking a calculus test and the moment my teacher handed me the test, I began to fell really nervous and hot, so I assumed I was having some sort of a panic attack. I began taking deep breaths and centering myself, so I could focus my attention on the test. My breathing failed and the feeling continued. After about 10 minutes, I was heavily breathing and overheating and I began to feel a sensation...down there. The sensation would not stop and at that point, I knew exactly what was happening. I then had about 4 orgasms right then and there in math math class. This has only happened to me once, but now that I think about it...I can recall feeling this way before, just never actually to the point of climax. My boyfriend thinks it's sexy, but it's a little scary and distracting.

I am 33 I had my very first orgasm when I was 31. I am still with the same man. Its crazy to think I went all this time with missing out on an orgasm. How sad but it just happened I dont think it was him as so much my body going through changes. Although I think he helped. Its wierd though lately. In the last two months I had an orgasm in my dream which I thought was actually crazy. And I was dreaming that he was sleeping with some other girl in front of me and I got turned on and orgasmed. And another thing thats wierd lately is that norrmally I dont think about anyone or anything else during sex to orgasm but I find myself fantazing about big boobs and about my man spleeping with someone else and it turning me on to orgasm. I do not believe in being cheated on and I had an incident recently when he went to a strip club and came home real drunk first time he ever did this and we broke up but he vowed to quit drinking and so we got back together. Anyways ever since I have these fantasies. Does this make me sick? Or what is it because this is something I would never allow to happen and I am totally against. And I couldnt be with someone who did that to me. So what is going on do you think? With the sleep orgasms and the fantasy's? Im starting to worry myself.

So lately my girlfriend has been having these random extreamly wet orgasms without any sexual stimulation what so ever. We will walk through the park and she will randomly have one to the point that she has to sit down because her lower half gets so numb she can no longer walk. Or even when were laying on my livingroom floor watching the fan and talking about our days it will happen. I have not the slightest idea of what is going on and would like to learn more about it. Anyone else have this issue?

I'm an 18 year old virgin and I often wake up to rapid, almost fluttery, pulsations in my vagina. I've never had an orgasm from masturbation and can't consciously bring on these pulsations or continue them for long. They often do come with erotic dreams, but not when I'm reading erotica. Is what I'm describing an orgasm?

• Erika

If you feel an intense pleasure in your head at the same time, than yes, it is an orgasm. :-)

• some fun!

I don't know how common this is but it had happened to me on a few occassions in my life. Usually when I am taking a test! I have been out of school for years (im 32) and doing a training course. I had an orgasm today while taking the test! Its like I get so stressed out cause almost everyone else is done the test & Im not. Maybe my body orgams to help me reduce the stress. That's what I think! :) Its awesome. A little confusing as I am not sexually stimulated at ALL, but I come anyway. Hasnt happened to me in years. But happened today.

I am a 23 year old wife and mother of two. After I got married to my husband I think thats when it started. My memory isn't so good. I wake up to my vagina pulsing and throbbing to the point where I'm just seconds away form cumming. The weird thing is that I'm not even dreaming anything sexual. It happens almost every couple weeks. Is this normal? A problem? Or what? Does anybody know?

• Sparrow

OMGeeee! I go through the exact same thing! I thought something was wrong with me but didnt worry me too much coz its kinda awesome...hehehe! I know exactly what you talking about coz when I'm sitting at my desk typing a document trying to meet a deadline..my stress levels are increasing and I have these contractions..and then it happens...its quite amazing! Its like having a super power actually...and the cool thing is that those of us who have this super power don't even have to be sexually aroused to get that complete sense of satisfaction...I am sure there's a name for this phenomenon....any idea what its called?

• Crissy

No longer is it necessary to have physical stimulation to achieve an orgasm. I just moved to a new apartment so I thought I was being possessed by spirits from someone who passed here or something. Then it started happening in other places, like public. My vagina contracts, my breathing becomes laboured, my body trembles. Though it is very pleasurable, it has become rather embarrassing and I want to figure out what is causing it. I'm 41, and I do take quite a few meds, but nothing new recently except Baclofen. Any idea what is this called?

• Kev

Any woman that experience orgasms without arrousal or stimulation should watch a documentary called, "A hundred orgasms a day". It's a non-common disorder and can be a nuisance or a gift. It's called PSAS, Persistant sexual arousal syndrome. I am not a doctor and can't say for sure that is what is causing your thing. But in the documentary, there are woman who were just glad to know what it was. Your not alone.

I'm 12 years old...I've been doing this thing where I scoot up to the Enf of my chair cross my legs and hold my breath until I get a fuzzy feeling...since I was in 4th grade and I'm now in 6th nobody notices I don't think...I'm scared that people do and just don't tell me...help me please :((

I have this, but no touch is even required. I'll be sitting on my bed or on the couch and suddenly, out of nowhere, my cheeks will turn red and my breathing will become harsh and fast. Sometimes I'll be just sitting there moaning, nothing touching me (especially not my clitoral area) and then suddenly I'll orgasm before resuming my daily routine. I also wonder at what sort of medical term they would have for this?

• ymouszanon

I have a condition where my bladder was not emptying fully. I had what they call a TURP procedure(transurethal resection of the prostate). My doctor never told me before hand that I would end up without being able to ejaculate. After surgery for several months I was urinating like a young man. I am 57 years old. But what disturbs more than anything is that my orgasms feel like nothing. I have done my research and DOES have alot to do without no being able to ejaculate. The prostate removal destroys that part of the anatomy that allows the semen to bypass the bladder. Its called retrograde ejaculation(RE). Whether I am having sex with another(my girlfriend left me she could not handle it) or masturbating I get no sexual release, I even become more tense. I have been on the internet day and night. Conclusion: there is no surgery, implant, drugs, etc that can bring back ejaculating semen outside your penis except late diluted in the urine when RE is caused by urological surgery . I am suffering emotionally and physically, I want to die. And to brake the camels back, I now have to self catheter again. My urologist(not anymore)is a young, irritable, over(underachiever) and I feel committed malpractice for not telling me of RE beforehand. There are alternative procedures that do not cause RE. In addition evidently an enlarged prostate was not my main problem that caused me urinary retention which I am afflicted with again. The reason is probably neurogenic bladder and I should have been tested for that. I think this urologist just wanted to do a surgery$$$. I would give up my legs and an arm to have adequate sexual release.

ymouszanon

male

usa

I'm 15 years old...I've been doing this thing where I scoot up to the Enf of my chair cross my legs and hold my breath until I get a fuzzy feeling...since I was in 4th grade and I'm now in 6th nobody notices I don't think...I'm scared that people do and just don't tell me...help me please :((

• Amy

Wen me and my boyfriend cuddle up 2 eachother I get this weird fuzzy/tingling feeling and wen we also hold hands. I'm only 12 and idk what it is. Can some1 plz tell me. I would really like 2 know what this is

thx

• NEEDING INFO

I have always enjoyed sex, actualy the older i have gotten the better it has been, not shy about what I like or talking to my spouse about it...but lately, I have lost my drive...I can't even get my ownself off...and this is really bothering me..I am at the prime of my life..no kids at home to worry about...yes I AM IN MENOPAUSE but it has never effected me before, for the last ten years I have had the best sex life I have ever had, no stress, etc...now all of a sudden this is happening to me and I HATE IT...All the info I have tried to research on this is about men and their problems, but have found very little about women...Don't get me wrong, I have a lot to be thankful for...but I WANT THAT PART OF MY LIFE BACK!!!! And no it's not his fault...he is great...he is my age and if need be there is always Viagra for him...but what about us. Is ther any women out there that can relate to what I am trying to say and if you do, please let me know, and what you did to get back on track....Thanks

• jenn

Well ladies, I think it's totally okay. Whenever I have to be class on time, and when I get late or something I get really stressed and my body reacts that through giving me not very intense orgasms. Not only when I m late but it also happens when i get very little time to study for a midterm or it happens during my finals and midterms. If I got a little time and still bunch of questions to answer I have orgasms. I think it s way of relaxation that you have. Your body helps you to calm down. Well most of the times it helped me to concentrate on my work more but it distracted me worse for a few times too.

• Dan

I was about 16 when I've got a very strong fear/emotion that a friend just run with my new bike, and experienced not one, but an entire series of orgasms in about 10-15 minutes or so. This was even without a full erection, just a mind blowing orgasm that happend again, and again... I was lucky to be quite young, so there was no semen/ejaculation :-)

And another one: during a sport exercise, climbing a high metal pilar at school, suddenly I felt so arroused... and bang: a powerfull orgasm. It was than easy to repeat the physical effort, in order to achive an orgasm, this time voluntarily.

Who's next with such nice experiences?!

• Wowsers!

I always thought this was just a little something that made me kind of freaky.

Since early childhood I was able to lay down on the floor on my stomach, squeeze my kegel muscles and the other muscles in the pelvic floor together, and able to force myself into something that as a little girl I always looked at as just a pleasurable tension release, but as I got older, I realized it was orgasming. Not to the level I have with my Husband, but a more zen kind of orgasm, if that makes any sense.

Some background about me, and piecing from others stories, I'm seeing a lot of similarities.

I'm a child sexual abuse victim, which seems to be pretty common.

Because of that childhood abuse, I had problems with wetting myself. My Doctor's mistakenly assumed it was because my pelvic floor muscles were weak. Exactly the opposite was happening. My muscles were extra strained because my body had put those muscles on high alert and they never relaxed due to that, and because of the Doctor's mistake they sent me in for urodynamics, and at the ripe old age of 8 they taught me to do kegels 200-400 times a day. I wonder if because of that, my body was trained to be more hypersensitive. It was right after all of that, the "orgasms without sex" started for me even though I wasn't able to identify that at the time.

Years later, I've been having a lot of chronic pain. Had serious complications with my pregnancy. Am in pain all the time. Went in to an OB/GYN and he did an exam, and asked me to release my kegel muscles, and I just looked at him in confusion, because that as loose as my kegel musles ever get. He informed me I have pelvic floor dysfunction, and will have to go to physical therapy for interal and external muscle release. ( So, internet research tells me that my fears are founded and that is exactly what it sounds like. I'm going to get fingred by a stranger in order to fix my pain, because all of those muscles are in distress, constantly. )

Anyway. Awkward. But I'm wondering how this will change my ability to orgasm in this way. Lots of times, I just wake up and am all ready there, and then I kinda ride it out for ten minutes or so, but then I pay for it in my hips and lower back the rest of the day, so it's almost counter-productive.

Also, another patient had to have their gall bladder removed, and so I was wondering if that was a common thing with those women (and men?) that experience this kind of situation. Anyway, this has been fascinating, finding other people with this going on. Always nice to know you're not alone. :)

In my childhood, I was playing with barbie dolls and somehow, I put all of dolls down on the floor. Then, I was 'stomachsitting' on them and it felt good to have my stomach squeezed on them. I had no idea what I've done. I was sitting on them and it felt so good. In my college years, I decided to bring some of dolls with me (I live in a single room) and sat on dolls to orgasm whenever I want.

OMG after seeing all the comments , I feel a lot better about myself. I realised the squeezing leg method is the most common.

Im not sure if anyone else had this happened before but I get an orgasmic feeling when ever I do abs workouts. especially lower core ones like leg drops and flutter kicks.

It gets a bit annoying sometimes as I feel it when I'm training ( I'm in a sports team )

The internet makes me realize nothing we experiencence is without parallel. Having said that, just thought I would add I have orgasm in dreams that have nothing at all to do with sex, but everything to do with total frustration. My orgasm dreams are about events such as I am about to take an exam I have not studied for. I'm rushinging around to do something and nothing is working out for me, or I am late for an important interview, and I discover I have a flat tire - - -anything of that nature! I am 71 years old, and I have had a number of sexual partners, but I have never had an orgasm with any of them. I only have orgasms in dreams that are about extreme frustration - - -not about sexual encounters.

• amy

I know exactly what youre talking about and no one i have explained this to can relate to what i describe. when i become extremely frustrated about something for instance, math homework. even when i was a young girl, if i would become so irritated about not being able to comprehend something or understrand something, i become extremely aroused, but it is like an uncontrollable feeling and it isnt like i wanna go have sex, its just a pining

I think the first one happened to me in 4th grade, in class.We were taking a test paper and we had to turn in the tests and I wasn't ready writing and the teacher kept rushing us...and then was when it happened. I started to get anxious and feel it in my entire body, especially down there and after some minutes I've had an anxiety-orgasm, if you can call it that way. Since then it happened to me a couple of times, in the same situation-not being able to finish a paper and being told to bring the paper. The last time it happened was a few days ago, at an exam, in college. It surely didn't happen to me for years but it was really relaxing and amazing.

• Jessica

I am a fifty-one year old lesbian who was born with ambiguous genitalia and in those days the medical profession thought looks trumped feelings and they didn't consider delicacy. As a result I have no sensations at all from physical contact. But something must have happened, because I can enjoy sex. I can think myself to orgasm whenever I feel like it. I have to think about my girlfriend for it to work. I can pass the time on bus rides by 'loving her in my mind' and I describe it. When I'm actually enjoying intimacy I do all the work and her pleasure brings me pleasure. We have discussed and compared orgasm sensations and mine are just as strong although I have a single long one where she can have two or three shorter ones. It takes all sort, doesn't it? All the best, dear medical people.