1. Quinn B. The depression sourcebook. Los Angeles: Lowell House; 2000.
2. Mondimore FM. Bipolar disorder : a guide for patients and families. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press; 1999.
3. American Psychiatric Association. Task Force on Nomenclature and Statistics., American Psychiatric Association. Committee on Nomenclature and Statistics. Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders. Washington: American Psychiatric Assn.; 1980.
4. American Psychiatric Association., American Psychiatric Association. Task Force on DSM-IV. Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders : DSM-IV-TR. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Association; 2000.
Therapists are Standing By to Treat Your Depression, Anxiety or Other Mental Health Needs
5. NIMH. National Institute of Mental Health - In Harms Way: Suicide in America. In; 2003.
6. Kramlinger K, Mayo Clinic. Mayo Clinic on depression. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Clinic; 2001.
7. Mondimore FM. Depression, the mood disease. Baltimore: The Johns Hopkins University Press; 2006.
8. American Medical Association. Essential guide to depression. New York: Pocket Books; 1998.
9. Linden DE. How psychotherapy changes the brain--the contribution of functional neuroimaging. Mol Psychiatry 2006; 11: 528-538.
10. Payne JL. The role of estrogen in mood disorders in women. Int Rev Psychiatry 2003; 15: 280-290.
11. Lurie SJ, Gawinski B, Pierce D, Rousseau SJ. Seasonal affective disorder. Am Fam Physician 2006; 74: 1521-1524.
12. Porter R. Madness : a brief history. Oxford ; New York: Oxford University Press; 2002.
13. Mathews M. How did pre-twentieth century theories of the aetiology of depression develop? In; 2006.
14. Wikipedia. Id, ego, and super-ego. In; 2006.
15. Reis S, Grenyer BF. Pathways to anaclitic and introjective depression. Psychol Psychother 2002; 75: 445-459.
16. McCullough ME, Larson DB. Religion and depression: a review of the literature. Twin Res 1999; 2: 126-136.
17. Waite LJ, Gallagher M. The case for marriage : why married people are happier, healthier, and better off financially. New York, NY: Broadway Books; 2001.
18. Disorders EoM. Geriatric Depression Scale. In; 2006.
19. Pampallona S, Bollini P, Tibaldi G, Kupelnick B, Munizza C. Combined pharmacotherapy and psychological treatment for depression: a systematic review. Arch Gen Psychiatry 2004; 61: 714-719.
20. Mentalhealth.com. Trazodone. In; 2006.
21. Stoll AL. The omega-3 connection : the groundbreaking antidepression diet and brain program. New York: Simon & Schuster; 2001.
22. Markowitz JC. Developments in interpersonal psychotherapy. Can J Psychiatry 1999; 44: 556-561.
23. NIH NIoMH-. Clinical Trials: Depression. In; 2007.
24. Goldman HH. Review of general psychiatry. New York London: Lange Medical Books/McGraw-Hill; 2000.
25. de Mello MF, de Jesus Mari J, Bacaltchuk J, Verdeli H, Neugebauer R. A systematic review of research findings on the efficacy of interpersonal therapy for depressive disorders. Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 2005; 255: 75-82.
26. Hollon SD, Jarrett RB, Nierenberg AA, Thase ME, Trivedi M, Rush AJ. Psychotherapy and medication in the treatment of adult and geriatric depression: which monotherapy or combined treatment? J Clin Psychiatry 2005; 66: 455-468.
27. Effect of Hypericum perforatum (St John's wort) in major depressive disorder: a randomized controlled trial. Jama 2002; 287: 1807-1814.
28. Ernst E. The risk-benefit profile of commonly used herbal therapies: Ginkgo, St. John's Wort, Ginseng, Echinacea, Saw Palmetto, and Kava. Ann Intern Med 2002; 136: 42-53.
29. Administration FaD. RISK OF DRUG INTERACTIONS WITH ST JOHN'S WORT AND INDINAVIR AND OTHER DRUGS. In: CDER Public Health Advisory; 2000.
30. Health NIo. ClinicalTrials.gov. 2007.
31. Andersson G. Internet-based cognitive-behavioral self help for depression. Expert Rev Neurother 2006; 6: 1637-1642.
32. HealthyPlace.com. Serious Consequences of Untreated Depression. In; 2006.
33. Health NIoM. Bipolar Disorder: Suicide. In; 2006.
34. Cadieux RJ. Practical management of treatment-resistant depression. Am Fam Physician 1998; 58: 2059-2062.
35. Association AP. Practice guideline for the treatment of patients with major depressive disorder (revision). American Psychiatric Association. Am J Psychiatry 2000; 157: 1-45.
Designed to Help You Feel Better Daily
Download Now For Free