I met a guy through a work situation. He lives in another state. We have been in contact, mostly through e-mails, for the past 6 months. Then, all of the sudden, he won’t return any calls or emails. I know he has a young son. It has been a friend/mentor relationship, but he knows I am attracted to him. There has been no pressure or ultimatums given, he just stopped responding completely out of the blue!
- ‘Anne’ is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- ‘Anne’ bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by ‘Anne’ to people submitting questions.
- ‘Anne’, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. ‘Anne’ and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.
When someone in a relationship stops responding to the other person, they are sending a pretty clear message of rejection to that other person. They may not be saying it out loud, but as actions speak louder than words, they are saying it nevertheless. If this guy doesn’t want to talk to you anymore, the right thing to do is to let go of him and move on to the next guy. Don’t get so wrapped up in wanting to be loved and respected that you forget to love and respect yourself first.