My best friend and I were getting really close, and then we wound up kissing. I was really happy, because I am in love with him, and have been for 3 years. Lately, he’s been seeming ‘not into it,’ and he’s been incredibly rude to me. He’s been accusing me of trying to avoid him, and telling me that I have been rude to him, when in fact I haven’t been doing anything differently. I just want things to be the same, and I will do anything to get them back. Now I just feel uncomfortable. If I try to talk to him about any of our falling-outs, he starts screaming at me and tells me to stop asking him about it. Help.Ad
- ‘Anne’ is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- ‘Anne’ bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by ‘Anne’ to people submitting questions.
- ‘Anne’, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. ‘Anne’ and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.
It’s difficult to get things resolved when one of you doesn’t want to discuss certain issues. When your boyfriend accuses you of trying to avoid him, ask him why he feels that way, and how he would like that to change. You should not feel uncomfortable in a loving relationship. Let him know how you are feeling, and explain to him that it is very important to you that you discuss these issues or else things will not get resolved and may only get worse. Hope that helps, – Anne
Designed to Help You Feel Better Daily
Download Now For Free