Chakra is a Sanskrit word that translates as “circle” or “wheel.”(1) Though the concept of a chakra is historically linked to ancient India and related faiths, such as Buddhism, chakras are now commonly referred to by modern-day practitioners of meditation and yoga.
In layman’s terms, chakras are places around the human body that store and radiate energy. Many people believe these energy centers are important to overall health and well-being. Sometimes, chakras can become blocked. When the prana, or life force, can’t travel around the body due to a blocked chakra, it’s important to find ways to clear negative energy and promote healing.
- What Are Chakras?
- Root Chakra Affirmations
- Sacral Chakra Affirmations
- Solar Plexus Chakra Affirmations
- Heart Chakra Affirmations
- Throat Chakra Affirmations
- Third Eye Chakra Affirmations
- Crown Chakra Affirmations
- The Benefits of Practicing Powerful Daily Chakra Affirmations
According to healers who work with the chakra systems, positive affirmations can help restore balance and proper energy flow by helping people focus on directing healing energy to a specific chakra. These affirmations are often specific and grounded in spirituality. They can be practiced independently or as part of a class, and people can focus on a single chakra or work their way through several (or all) chakras depending on what the body feels and which energy stores appear to be compromised.
Therapists are Standing By to Treat Your Depression, Anxiety or Other Mental Health Needs
Explore Your Options Today
Here are some daily chakra affirmations, plus information on how these positive thoughts can benefit the people using them.
What Are Chakras?
There are seven main chakras, or energy centers, in the human body.(2)
- Root chakra (Muladhara): This chakra is located at the base of the spine, rooting the body toward the earth. Its message is “I exist,” and it benefits from healthy exercises like jumping and dancing.
- Sacral chakra (Svadhistana): This chakra is linked to pleasure and sexuality and is nested in the lower abdomen. In accordance with the message “I desire,” this chakra benefits from sensual, body-forward activities like belly dancing and yoga.
- Solar plexus chakra (Manipura): This chakra leads with the message “I control.” When in balance, it’s associated with controlling destiny and helping people pursue their dreams.
- Heart chakra (Anahata): Love is the heart of this chakra. That includes all kinds of relationships, even love for pets and nature, as well as compassion.
- Throat chakra (Vishuddha): Throat chakra is the communication center, regulating each individual’s ability to speak and respect their truths. Singing, controlled breathing, and chanting are paramount here.
- Third eye chakra (Ajna): “I am witness,” says the third eye chakra, as it facilitates insight, awareness, and intuition. This chakra is situated between the eyebrows and benefits from meditation and visualization.
- Crown chakra (Sahasrara): This chakra says, “I am that I am.” It’s located above the head, representing cosmic consciousness and peace as well as spiritual connection.
Root Chakra Affirmations
Root chakra affirmations focus on restoring balance to or unblocking the first chakra. A balanced root chakra helps people feel safe, grounded, and more at home.(3) It can also increase feelings of connectivity with the earth, family, friends, and the community at large.
Negative emotions associated with the root chakra include anxiety, fear, attachment, greed, indecision, insecurity, and aggression.(4) Therefore, those practicing root chakra affirmations should choose phrasing that appeals to the first chakra and works against those negative emotions.
- I am grounded and secure in my being.
- I am worthy of abundance and prosperity.
- I trust in my ability to handle whatever challenges come my way.
- I am at peace with my past and fully present in the moment.
- I am connected to the earth and feel its supportive energy.
- I honor my body and take care of it with healthy choices.
- I am confident in my identity and true to myself.
- I trust in the natural flow of life and embrace change as a positive force.
- I have a strong foundation that supports my growth and expansion.
- I am grateful for the abundance and blessings in my life, and I attract even more positivity with an attitude of gratitude.
- As I breathe in, I am aware of my connection to the universe, and as I exhale, I feel my roots deepen and strengthen.
- My physical body is a beautiful and powerful vessel, and I am grateful for the strength and stability it provides me.
- I am rooted in love and acceptance, and I trust the flow of life to guide me towards my highest good.
- I trust in the abundance of the universe and know that all my needs are being met in perfect timing.
- I am grounded in the present moment and find peace and calmness in the stillness of my mind.
- My energy flows freely and effortlessly throughout my body, allowing me to feel fully alive and connected to all that surrounds me.
- I honor and respect my body, mind, and spirit, and I make choices that support my overall well-being and vitality.
- I am a powerful creator, and I manifest my desires with ease and grace.
- I am open and receptive to all the abundance and blessings that the universe has to offer me.
- I am safe and protected, and I trust that the universe always has my back.
How Can Daily Root Chakra Affirmations Promote Healing?
Practicing root chakra affirmations is all about finding balance and harnessing the power of intention. Self-affirmation can help wellness and healing by reinforcing positive ideals and self-identity. That’s largely because each individual’s idea of self is fluid.(5) It’s possible to imagine being different versions of the self, with different identities and different roles. That innate flexibility leaves people open to change that can come about through therapy and affirmation.
Incorporating chakra affirmations for grounding into daily life can help make people embrace peaceful energy and feel more at one with Mother Earth. Reinforcing the idea of rooting to the soil by sitting with the base of the spine in full contact with the ground can be even more powerful.
Try starting the day by adopting a meditation pose and working through some favorite affirmations. Focus on those that resonate most with the challenges currently being experienced, and be consistent in recognizing those negative feelings in the shadows and trying to counterbalance them with positivity, acceptance, and love.
Sacral Chakra Affirmations
The sacral chakra is the second chakra in the body, concentrating on intimacy, creativity, sensuality, and pleasure.(4) While sexuality and this chakra are closely linked, this energy center can also influence the creative process, helping those who are passionate about art, dance, and other similar pursuits.
A blocked sacral chakra manifests as disconnection, lack of libido, overindulgence, and codependence. Daily chakra affirmations can help by encouraging people to turn inward and address the subconscious mind, seeking inner wisdom and clearing out negative energy to let creativity and passion shine once again.
- I allow myself to experience pleasure and joy in all aspects of my life.
- My emotions flow freely and I trust my intuition to guide me towards my highest good.
- I honor and respect my body, treating it with care and nurturing.
- My creativity flows effortlessly and I trust in my ability to express myself in unique and authentic ways.
- I release any shame or guilt associated with my sexuality and embrace my sensuality with confidence and grace.
- I am confident in my personal power and ability to manifest my desires.
- I am worthy of healthy and fulfilling relationships that honor and respect me.
- I am in touch with my inner child and allow myself to play and have fun without judgment.
- My passion for life is contagious and inspires those around me.
- I am comfortable with change and embrace new experiences with open arms.
- My creativity flows effortlessly, bringing joy and beauty to the world around me.
- I honor and respect my body, treating it with love and care.
- My emotions are a natural and valuable expression of my inner truth.
- I embrace my sensuality and allow myself to experience pleasure in healthy ways.
- My passion and enthusiasm for life are contagious and inspire those around me.
- I am confident and secure in my identity and embrace my uniqueness.
- I am open to new experiences and embrace change as an opportunity for growth.
- My relationships are based on mutual respect, trust, and healthy boundaries.
- I am deserving of love and connection, and I attract positive and supportive people into my life.
- I am grateful for the abundance in my life and approach each day with a sense of joy and gratitude.
How Can Sacral Chakra Affirmations Boost Sexual Energy?
Balanced sacral chakras are all about creation, and that includes promoting positive sexual energy.(6) When the sacral chakra awakens, it allows the individual to discover they have immense power tied to choices. How they choose to create intimate relationships and express passion plays a role in pleasure but also in emotional well-being.
Underactive sacral chakras can result in:
- Lack of desire
- Diminished creativity
- Fear of pleasure
This chakra can be overactive, too, causing mood swings and feelings of being overwhelmed tied to hypersensitivity and dissatisfaction. Some people believe addictive behaviors can be traced back to sacral imbalances; the more overwhelmed or disturbed someone feels in this energy center, the more they must pursue ways to recapture passion and pleasure.
There are powerful chakra affirmations that appeal to spiritual beings who want to get rid of disturbed energy, like anxiety and stress, and release it with peace and positivity. Committing to these positive affirmations targeting sacral balance can help promote sexual healing, bringing people back into harmony with their own feelings and those they share relationships with.
Solar Plexus Chakra Affirmations
The third chakra is known as the solar plexus chakra in English and manipura or “city of jewels” in Sanskrit. It’s a beautiful name for an energy center that embodies internal and external power as well as personal identity and strength of will. In other words, this chakra is brimming with light — as long as it’s balanced, that is.
Solar plexus chakra affirmations seek to heal wounds that could prevent people from experiencing an integrated sense of self. Positive affirmations that deal with confidence, self-esteem, self-belief, and sense of purpose can help clear solar plexus congestion and clear away negative energy.
- I am confident and capable of achieving my goals.
- My personal power is limitless and I use it to create positive change in my life.
- I am worthy of love, respect, and success.
- I trust my intuition and make decisions with clarity and conviction.
- My inner fire burns bright, motivating and inspiring me to take action.
- I honor my uniqueness and express my authentic self with confidence.
- I release fear and embrace new opportunities with open arms.
- I am in control of my emotions and choose to respond with positivity and grace.
- I am a magnet for abundance and success, attracting all that I desire.
- My inner strength empowers me to overcome any challenge with grace and ease.
- I am confident and strong in who I am, and I trust in my abilities to achieve my goals.
- My inner fire fuels my passions and drives me towards success in all aspects of my life.
- I am capable of making empowered choices and taking actions that align with my true self.
- I release all self doubt and embrace my personal power with open arms.
- My inner strength and resilience guide me through any challenges that come my way.
- I honor my boundaries and prioritize my own well-being above all else.
- I am worthy of love, respect, and success, and I allow myself to receive all that the universe has to offer.
- My mind, body, and spirit are in perfect alignment, radiating positivity and vitality.
- I trust in the universe to provide me with all that I need to fulfill my purpose and live a fulfilling life.
- My confidence and self assurance attract abundance and prosperity into my life.
How Can These Daily Affirmations Improve Self-Esteem?
Experts in chakras believe positive energy and personal power require a system that’s in balance, with energy flowing freely throughout the body.(10) The solar plexus chakra deals with questions like “Who am I?” and “What do I want?”, two major queries that form the basis of self-identity. If this chakra is out of balance, it may be difficult or even impossible to feel empowered and understand one’s path in life.
Daily solar plexus chakra affirmations seek to restore self-esteem and self-confidence by introducing or restoring the idea that each individual has the ability to shape their own fate and even influence external events. Unless a person deeply respects their own power and strength, they can’t even begin to impact the rest of the world.
Positive affirmations center on personal power and confidence, and the more they’re repeated, the easier they are to believe. One psychotherapist quantified the practice, saying affirmations can be repeated at least three times and as many as five times each day to help reinforce those positive statements.(5)
In theory, repeating affirmations that focus on self-esteem can potentially bring confidence and healthy ego into existence.
Heart Chakra Affirmations
The heart chakra is the fourth major chakra in the human body.(4) It’s responsible for love, beauty, compassion, connection, and relationships. It’s also closely tied to transformation — the idea that people can change their suffering and embrace a happier, healthier, more love-filled future.
Heart chakra affirmations are all about opening a blocked heart chakra and making the individual more receptive to unconditional love. Affirmations typically focus on releasing negative energy and emotions and replacing them with phrasing that reminds the person they’re worthy of love and not served by jealousy or fear.
- I am open to giving and receiving love freely and unconditionally.
- I release all fears and doubts, and I trust in the power of love to heal and transform my life.
- I forgive myself and others, and I choose to let go of resentment and bitterness.
- My heart is filled with gratitude and joy, and I radiate these positive emotions to those around me.
- I am worthy of love and I accept love with open arms.
- My heart is a powerful source of love and compassion, and I share this energy with the world.
- I am surrounded by loving and supportive people who uplift and inspire me.
- My heart is strong and resilient, and I am capable of overcoming any challenge with love and grace.
- I honor my emotions and allow myself to feel deeply, knowing that this is a sign of my strength and authenticity.
- I am connected to the universal energy of love, and I trust in its infinite power to guide and protect me.
- My heart is open and I radiate love to all beings.
- I am worthy of love and I attract loving relationships into my life.
- I forgive myself and others with compassion and understanding.
- I am grateful for the abundance of love and joy in my life.
- I trust the wisdom of my heart and follow it with courage and faith.
- My heart is pure and filled with peace, harmony, and balance.
- I release all fear and allow love to heal and transform me.
- I honor the interconnectedness of all things and embrace the power of unity.
- I express myself authentically and openly, speaking from my heart with love.
- My heart is a powerful magnet for love, joy, and happiness.
How Can Practicing These Open My Heart?
The heart chakra is called anahata in Sanskrit, which means unhurt or unbeaten. It’s an interesting term for the energy center so tightly entwined with compassion and joy.
An open heart chakra often means the person is open to a full range of experiences, while a congested or stagnant heart center can lead to physical and mental illness.
Poor or blocked heart chakra energy can manifest in many ways, including:(4)
- Antisocial behavior
- Desire to hold grudges
- Fear of being intimate
- Guilt and shame
These negative emotions can grow, fed by unbalanced energy and lack of love, until the shame and guilt affect self-belief and cause low self-esteem.
Daily chakra affirmations work to open the heart, preparing the individual to receive love, leave behind negativity, and be a conduit for peace and positivity. Many loving and supportive relationships can benefit from both partners (or all members of a family or friend group) participating in daily affirmations. Make it part of a pre-dinner routine or send affirmations through group text so everyone is on the same page and the same schedule.
Throat Chakra Affirmations
Given the location of the throat chakra, it’s no surprise this energy center has a lot to do with expression and communication.(4) As the fifth major chakra, the throat chakra acts as a sort of conduit for energy traveling between the head and the rest of the body. It’s important for this chakra to be open in order for the individual to speak their truth and feel empowered to offer open expression.
Throat chakra affirmations seek to restore balance and promote healing. This takes practice and persistence, typically involving daily affirmations.
- My voice is powerful and expresses my truth.
- I communicate with clarity and confidence.
- I express myself authentically and with integrity.
- I speak with love and kindness towards myself and others.
- I trust in the power of my words to manifest my desires.
- I am confident in my ability to communicate my thoughts and feelings.
- I express myself creatively and with passion.
- I am open to receiving and expressing constructive feedback.
- I honor my inner truth and speak from my heart.
- My words are aligned with my highest self and bring positivity into my life.
- I express my truest self with clarity and authenticity.
- My voice is a powerful tool to spread love, compassion, and positivity.
- I speak my truth confidently and with grace.
- My words are infused with love and kindness, bringing healing to myself and others.
- My communication flows with ease, bringing harmony to all my interactions.
- I trust my intuition to guide me in speaking my truth.
- I am open to listening deeply to others, with an open heart and mind.
- My words are a reflection of my inner wisdom and higher self.
- I communicate with confidence and assertiveness, while respecting the perspectives of others.
- I use my words to uplift, inspire, and empower myself and those around me.
How Can Reciting These Affirmations Help Self-Expression?
Daily throat chakra affirmations may help restore a healthy throat chakra. That, in turn, can help free individuals up for open self-expression and internal communication based in honesty and truth.
Because the throat chakra’s primary role is communication, a blocked or unbalanced fifth chakra can result in some very clear signs of poor communication and expression, including:(7)
- Difficulty putting inner thoughts into words
- Anxiety related to speaking with others
- Fear over being honest about personal truth
A hyperactive throat chakra can have the opposite effect, making people more prone to emotional outbursts and dramatic or aggressive speech that can be overly critical and judgmental.
Reciting throat chakra affirmations can help someone focus mentally and physically on the body’s communication center, serving as a regular reminder to check in with that energy zone. The repetitious nature of affirmations can actually rewire the brain.(8) Rather than inundating the brain with fear-based statements or letting a negative internal dialogue take the lead, affirmations challenge self-doubt and pave the way for the kind of confidence necessary to promote freedom of self-expression.
Plus, because affirmations can actually rewire the brain’s reward circuits, speaking those affirmations daily feels beneficial in more ways than one.(9)
Third Eye Chakra Affirmations
The third eye chakra, or sixth chakra, is located in the middle of the forehead in alignment with the eyebrows. Some people believe the third eye chakra is connected to the pineal gland, a tiny gland located just above the brain stem.
Those who feel strongly about the spiritual world and believe in energy paths see the pineal gland and third eye as a source of metaphysical energy and a gateway to psychic power.(11) Therefore, third eye chakra affirmations are most often positive statements that help connect individuals to the divine being and explore the outer limits of what it means to be human.
- My intuition is strong and guides me towards my highest good.
- I trust my inner wisdom and always make decisions that align with my true purpose.
- I am connected to my higher self and receive guidance and clarity from the universe.
- I am open to receiving divine inspiration and insight.
- My third eye is awakened and I see beyond the physical realm.
- I trust my inner vision and use it to manifest my desires.
- I am in tune with the universe and its infinite wisdom.
- I honor my intuition and trust its messages without hesitation.
- I am guided by the divine wisdom of the universe and trust its plan for me.
- My third eye is open and I am able to see the world with clarity and insight.
- I trust my intuition and follow my inner guidance with clarity and confidence.
- My mind is clear and open to new ideas, and I trust in my ability to make wise decisions.
- I embrace my inner wisdom and allow it to guide me towards my highest good.
- I am connected to the universe and have access to all the knowledge and insight I need.
- I am grateful for my inner vision, and I use it to create a life of joy and abundance.
- My intuition is a powerful tool that helps me navigate through life with grace and ease.
- I trust my inner voice and have faith that it will always lead me in the right direction.
- I am in tune with my higher self and use my intuition to align with my true purpose.
- I am open to the wisdom of the universe, and I trust that it will guide me towards my destiny.
- I am able to see the beauty and wonder of the world with clarity and depth.
How Can an Affirmation Practice Improve Spiritual Connection?
Experiencing (or even just pursuing) a spiritual awakening is a deeply personal thing. There are many reasons someone might feel disconnected from their higher power, but some people believe interrupted energy flows in the third eye chakra are the main culprit.
When the third eye chakra is blocked, people may experience a myriad of issues, such as:(12)
- Lack of purpose
On the other hand, an open, unblocked third eye chakra promotes mental clarity, concentration, strengthened intuition, decisiveness, insight, and even a sense of bliss. It’s all connected to the chakra’s underlying purpose, which is said to encompass spiritual communication like telepathy and clairvoyance.
It’s easy to see how those who believe in the power of chakras might feel it’s important to realign the third eye in order to better connect with their self as well as a higher power.
Consider daily third eye chakra affirmations that focus on inner peace and divine energy. Repeat them regularly to bring balance to the chakra and release blockages that could impede spiritual connection.
Crown Chakra Affirmations
The crown chakra is located just above the top of the head, where a king or queen might wear their own crown, and that lofty position is very representative of the chakra’s cosmic connection. People believe this seventh energy center in the chakra system is linked to sacred divinity and higher consciousness — but that doesn’t mean everything about it is “otherworldly.” Though this chakra can facilitate enlightenment, it’s also connected to self-realization and a sort of universal awareness.(4)
Crown chakra affirmations help promote balance while supporting spirituality and inner wisdom.
- I am one with the universe and the universe is one with me.
- I am a divine being of light and love, and I am always connected to my higher self.
- I trust the universe to guide me towards my highest good.
- I am open to receiving divine wisdom and knowledge from the universe.
- I release all limitations and allow my consciousness to expand to its fullest potential.
- I am a channel of divine energy and I radiate love and light to all beings.
- I trust the universe to bring abundance and prosperity into my life.
- I surrender to the flow of life and trust that everything happens for my highest good.
- I am grateful for all the blessings that the universe has bestowed upon me.
- I am a spiritual being having a human experience, and I trust my journey.
- I am in a state of complete harmony with the vast and infinite universe, and the universe is in perfect unison with every aspect of my being.
- I trust in the divine plan of the universe, and everything is unfolding perfectly.
- I am open and receptive to the wisdom of the universe, and I trust in its guidance.
- I am connected to the infinite source of love and light, and I radiate its energy.
- I am in harmony with the universe, and my life is filled with peace and serenity.
- I trust in the universe to provide abundance in all areas of my life.
- I am grateful for the blessings that the universe bestows upon me every day.
- I am aligned with my higher self and the divine intelligence of the universe.
- I am connected to the infinite wisdom of the universe, and I am guided by its intelligence.
- I am a vessel of divine light, and I shine my radiance into the world.
How Can These Powerful Affirmations Encourage Spiritual Growth?
Think of crown chakra affirmations as providing a sort of enlightened wisdom from the top of the head down. Certain mantras can help encourage spiritual awareness and draw on a consciousness beyond what humans might otherwise experience on a day-to-day basis.
To understand how these powerful affirmations can help restore balance, it’s helpful to understand what an imbalanced crown chakra looks like. Signs of a blocked seventh chakra include:(4)
- Obsession with material goods
- Being closed-minded
- Subject-object consciousness
- Disconnection as a spiritual being
Those seeking to rebalance or unblock the crown chakra often combine healing approaches like crystals, essential oils, yoga, sound therapy, and meditation with affirmations intended to refocus intention on surrendering to the divine and realigning consciousness.
Each affirmation serves as a reminder that the world is bigger than a single individual. Spirituality isn’t a concept as much as it’s a practice. Repeat affirmations and it’s possible to train the brain to change behavior, perhaps finding inspiration in spiritual enlightenment rather than just personal satisfaction.
Because there are multiple levels of consciousness and more to learn about the cosmos than could ever be covered in a mere handful of affirmations, consistency is key, and it may be beneficial to explore more affirmations as awareness and understanding grow.
The Benefits of Practicing Powerful Daily Chakra Affirmations
Daily chakra affirmations offer a whole host of benefits. Affirmations activate a sense of purpose and sense of self, serving as a reminder that there’s more to life than “going through the motions.” All seven major chakras have the potential for blockages, which means a comprehensive meditation practice needs to consider where chakra balancing is most needed.
Chakras may become blocked due to lack of nourishment. For example, people who don’t eat enough calories or indulge in junk food over nutrient-rich dishes may suffer from low energy. Negative feelings like anger and jealousy can also impede energy flow and result in a blocked chakra.(2)
Positive affirmations address the behaviors and beliefs at the heart of those blockages. Affirmations that free the mind to accept inner guidance could help in decision-making and self-confidence. Affirmations can help:
- Maintain healthy energy flow through each chakra and around the body as a whole
- Achieve balance between the mind and body
- Rewrite thought patterns to send direct healing vibrations to the chakra in question
Ultimately, daily powerful chakra affirmations can help people improve their own inner knowing, embracing who they are and who they could be in the future.