I have been married to my wife for 4 years. Twice I have come home and found her making love to her sister. They act like it’s no big deal and they want me to film them. I don’t know how to handle it, and they won’t stop.
- ‘Anne’ is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- ‘Anne’ bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by ‘Anne’ to people submitting questions.
- ‘Anne’, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. ‘Anne’ and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.
If your wife’s actions bother you, let her know! Have you discussed this situation with her? Let her know how you feel. In a sense, she is being unfaithful to you, although she may not see it that way. What would you do if you came home and found her with another man? You would probably make your feelings more evident…right? Ask her why she is doing it. Often times spouses cheat either because their needs aren’t being met or because they have fallen in love with someone else. I’m guessing your wife isn’t in love with her sister. Is there any reason your wife may be feeling ignored? Another possibility is that she is experimenting with her sexuality and feels safer doing so with her sister. No matter what the reason is, you are expressing unhappiness about the situation. I suggest that the two of you seek couples counseling. It is my guess that her actions have underlying causes… Hope things work out, – Anne
Designed to Help You Feel Better Daily
Download Now For Free