I’ve been married for about 2 years now. My problem is that I still doubt my husband’s sincerity since the day I came across a few photos of his ex-girfriend in his closet. I feel depressed and insecure because his ex is far more beautiful than me. I asked him for clarification. He said that he has no idea how those photos are still with him. This disturbs me a lot. I will check his wallet almost everyday to make sure he does not keep things from my back. I can’t stand it anymore. It’s driving me nuts. How can I live a better life ????Ad
- ‘Anne’ is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- ‘Anne’ bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by ‘Anne’ to people submitting questions.
- ‘Anne’, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. ‘Anne’ and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.
If your husband has told you that he did not realize that the pictures were in his closet, and he has given you no other reason for distrusting him, then you need to try your hardest to get over your feelings. Stop feeling depressed and insecure — your husband has chosen you to spend the rest of his life with. Sure, we may not all be as conventionally pretty as the next person, but that doesn’t mean that others view us any differently, or rather, any less beautifully. The qualities that your husbands finds in you far exceed the qualities of his last relationship. That’s why you are together. Now, focus your energies on making your relationship a strong, lasting one, rather than creating distrust, and if your husband should give you any other reason to feel distrust, than at that time, talk to him about it, and make sure he understands how you feel by stressing how much his actions hurt you. Best of luck to you, – Anne
Designed to Help You Feel Better Daily
Download Now For Free