What could cause a married with children bipolar wife and mom to purposely destroy a happy family in order to become an escort for sex, drugs and money? Using the house in an upscale neighborhood and two small children as a cover for this secret life? This was her goal and only reason for marriage and kids. They are basically pawns for her to control. She was very promiscuous during marriage. She is very afraid of her supercontrolling father. Could this possibly stem from family incest?
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.
Yes, it is possible that being a survivor of incest along with having a Bipolar Disorder, could cause this woman to do very outrageous things. In fact, depending on the type of childhood she lived through and the family genetics, it is possible that she emerged as someone with an anti social personality disorder. In that case, medication would help stabilize her Bipolar disorder but would do nothing for her secretiveness and anti social behavior. A person with such a personality disorder is so very injured that they have no sense of conscience or guilt.
People with socio pathic or anti social personalities use people as pawns and without the slightest bit of regret, sorrow or sense of wrong doing. They frequently have little sense of the destruction they do to others. However, they tend to have little or no awareness of the destruction they do to themselves.
If you are the former husband then I urge you to enter psychotherapy. You need to mend from the hurt caused to you and you need to learn to avoid making the same type of mistake in the future in terms of finding an intimate partner.
The children also need protection from this woman and I hope and pray that she does not have custody and that the law has ended her escapades.
That last sentence does not mean I have no sympathy for her. She needs years and years of intensive therapy.
However, you and the children need help now. Please get help for your self and for them.
Best of Luck