I’m a 21 year old female and I’ve been with a wonderful guy for over six months. The problem is, I recently discovered that he enjoys wearing panties and needless to say I was quite shocked about this. He swears to me that he is only interested in women, that he loves me dearly and had wanted to tell me about his panty fetish for a long time but had never worked up the nerve. What I want to know is… is this normal. Do a lot of guys enjoy wearing panties or is he weird. I don’t know why but for some reason the idea of him in sexy women’s panties turns me on. Please help me figure out what to do because I really like this guy
- ‘Anne’ is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- ‘Anne’ bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by ‘Anne’ to people submitting questions.
- ‘Anne’, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. ‘Anne’ and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.
This one made me smile! I checked with Dr. Dombeck on this one to be sure about what I’ll say here. Your boyfriend probably has what is known as a transvestic fetish (e.g., he’s turned on by wearing women’s clothing). This is not an everyday sort of thing but it isn’t uncommon either. Many men in the world share your boyfriend’s leanings. I heard a story on the radio recently about a British shoe factory that had been in financial trouble that started making women’s shoes in men’s sizes and was suddenly making money again. This could only happen if there were many men who wanted to dress in women’s clothes. It would seem that there is more to the world than meets the eye. Transvestic men are generally heterosexual in orientation (they like women) but for whatever reason they like to wear women’s clothes. They are to the best of my knowledge not any more dangerous or weird than any other sort of person you might meet. There are, to be sure, men who wear women’s clothes because inside they believe they are women, but this wouldn’t seem to apply to your boyfriend. Assuming your boyfriend treats you respectfully and well and that you can accept that he likes to wear women’s’ underwear (as it seems you will as you get comfortable with the information) then I can’t think of any reason you should second-guess your affection for him. I’d be much more concerned that he treats you well than that he likes to wear panties.
Designed to Help You Feel Better Daily
Download Now For Free